Monday, October 29, 2012

Introduction

Hello all! This is my first message.  My name is Joan-Michael and I am a 6th-8th grade physical education teacher at Russell Middle School located in Russell, Kentucky.  Before teaching at RMS, I taught at The Snowden School in Memphis, TN and Ida B. Wells Elementary and Phillips High School in Chicago, IL.

I have always been an avid reader and read anything I can get my hands on.  While I read mostly fiction, I read Unbroken earlier this year and enjoyed it much more than I expected.  I am a member of a local book club and read our designated book as soon as it is released.  We just finished The Dud Avocado by Elaine Dundy.  This book is amazing considering Dundy published this semi-autobiography in 1958.  Definitely a book to read.

Aside from reading, I run and just completed The Tough Mudder last weekend in Maysville, KY.  This 12 mile run and 23 obstacle course was one word...COLD!  I am a wife and the mother of two.  One human son (Cooper, 6) and one canine son (Boudreaux, 2) who is a black lab.  I went to undergraduate school at Ole Miss (Major: Exercise Science, Minor: English) and completed graduate work at University of Alabama to get my physical education certification.

 Hotty Toddy and Roll Tide!  

With my husband, John, at the Ole Miss/Alabama Game
 

No comments: